UC Berkeley, Fall 2021
A gentle but thorough introduction to computer science.
Instructor: Josh Hug
Week 10 Announcements
: This spreadsheet contains the zoom links for lecture and remote discussion sections.
- If you have not submitted your midterm fractal to Gradescope, you can turn it in by 11:59pm on Monday 10/25 for a small grade penalty. Many students were not able to find the instructions, and we want to give a chance for your work to be evaluated.
- If you did not turn in a recording for either part of your midterm, you can turn them in using this same form (link on Ed) by 11:59pm on Monday 10/25 for a small grade penalty.
- We’ll be sending out a post-midterm grade report later this week, which will include your midterm grades.
- Project 5 is released Monday 10/25 evening and due 11/05
- Final Project Proposal spec is released on 10/27 (proposal due Thu 11/04)
- Final Project Technical spec released Friday 10/29
- Friday 10/29 is the deadline to change your grading from letter grade to P/NP and vice versa.
- Week 10 Reading Quiz due Friday by 11:59pm
- Mon — Python: Built-in Types, Data Structures slides | recording
- Wed — Python III: OOP in Python
- Mon/Tues — Data Structures in Python
- Wed/Thurs — OOP in Python
- Fri — List Comprehensions and Dictionaries
- Mon — Proj5 released
- Wed — Final Project Proposal released
- Why Python is a Great First Language
Meet our course mascot, Alonzo! Alonzo’s head is in the shape of the Greek letter lambda. By the end of the semester, you will know why.